Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Fruity Surprise

Zowie, three posts in one day? Well, alas, it cannot be helped. This afternoon, while I was posting away about my kale, Jason, the absolute Love of my life, brought me the following:

Isn't this just gorgeous? Fresh sliced peaches, blueberries, and blackberries as big as strawberries! I am usually the main food prep person in the house (as Jay spends so much time on the back end of things making sure videos and tech-ie stuff works for the business), so I was quite pleasantly surprised to be served up such a lavish meal. And delighted! (Thanks, Lovey)

As I was about to dive head-first into the thing, he announced that he had topping for it! We've been dabbling a lot in raw coconut spread, maca and agave these days, as they seem to go so well together. Jason had simply mixed coconut spread and raw agave together and then drizzled it atop the bright fruit, thusly:


Doesn't he have the most creative, gorgeous hands? I mean ... ummmm ... uhhh ... doesn't this caramely topping look just delectable? Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

Here is what the salad looked like when completed. And the peaches tasted JUST like peach pie with that topping on them. Unbelievable! I will be coming back for more of this Scrumptious Summer Salad very, very soon! Thanks again, Baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment