Saturday, February 19, 2011

Time for Seedlings and a Winter Fast

Well, it's been an exciting few weeks around here, what with the e-book launch and facebook contest!  It took a lot out of me, but in a good way! :o)  I am now ready to move on to some other end-of-winter/prep-for-spring kinds of activities.

We've got a small piece of land that we live on in a mobile home park, but we don't let that stop us from growing as much food as we can.  In the past 2 years, we've tried growing carrots, beets, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers and strawberries, and none of them worked very well.  Our blueberries, black currants, cherries, apples and peaches have all worked well though, so we're looking forward to another year of those.  :o) Mostly, though, I'm looking forward to growing greens til they're coming out my ears!

Kales of all kinds, collard greens, Swiss and rainbow chards have all grown phenomenally for us, so this year, we're taking the bull by the horns and growing as much of them as we can.  I got some seeds that other day and now that the e-book project is safely tucked away, I'm REALLY looking forward to getting some wee greenie tots started.

As well, I've been wanting to do a serious juice fast for some time, and last night I finally decided that it was time to do it.  I haven't gotten the last weight off yet, and I haven't been serious about at-home colon hydrotherapy (enemas and colonics), either.  My friend Tamara has a Colema board and colonic set-up that she's going to loan me, and all I have to do is get my own personal tubing.

Jason is on-board to do a fast/feast with me, so it will be nice to have a partner doing it with me.  Today I just did water from the Kangen machine and lemonade from the Master Cleanse (lemon juice, water, maple syrup and cayenne pepper).  I had a few hunger pangs here and there, but since I don't want much to eat until about 4 p.m. these days anyway, and have been drinking lots of juice in the morning, this is the easiest transition I've ever had to a fast.

So I just wanted to pop in and let you all know what I was up to.  I'll report on my progress with the feast/fast tomorrow (or soon thereafter).  Wanna be fasting buddies?  Come along for the ride.  It'll be fun! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment